Saturday, November 22, 2008

Back in the Saddle: The End of the Fall Shit Harvest

Ok, so you may be wondering where the hell I've been the past month, and truth be told I just haven't really been that motivated to go to the movies all that much lately.  Mainly because I've been working a whole hell of a lot and the thought of coming in on my day off is an awful idea.  Also, the fall isn't exactly the best time to go to the movies. 
The fall, in the Motion Picture Industry, is what I like to refer to as "The Fall Shit Harvest."  This is when all the major studios try to get rid of all the crap they shouldn't have made and realized would actually lose money in the summer box office.  We get "films" like "Beverly Hills Chihuahua."  Now every now and then a decent movie slips in, but I find myself suddenly spinning these films onto their shipping reels to send back to the distributer saying, "now why didn't I see this?"  
However, now with the shit harvest officially over (the release of the new 007 film broke the curse) I can feel good about spending my time in the theatre.  This holiday season is shaping up to be a good one and I for one am excited to be a part of it.  So stay tuned for more updates and more angry rants about film news and whathaveyou.  

Happy landings,
The Angry Projectionist        

No comments: